This is a place for me to rant, to display what I'm working on, to show off my latest cooking achievements.
Pretty much my home away from facebook.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dinner Experiment

So last night my plan was to use something from the garden for dinner.  The mom-in-law gave me a giant zucchini, which is awesome, but the manfriend typically hates zucchini.  Dilemma!  Fortunately I have a great recipe for zucchini lasagna for those no carb days.  I've made this before and it was pretty good, but I wanted to up my game a bit.  We ate at Tony BoomBozz the other night and had the artichoke spinach dip appetizer....yum!  Guess what I did.  I made the filling of my lasagna spinach and artichoke dip!

I'm not going to lie, I was a little worried how it would turn out.  If you've never dealt with zucchini or spinach, those puppies can hold a LOT of extra water.  But I sliced my zucchini really thin using my mandolin slicer (which is ah-mazing, btw) and sprinkled it with salt and let it sit on paper towels for about 15 minutes.


Presentation was a little lacking, and it was soupy as all get out, but it tasted so good!  And we got dinner wrapped up and put away in time to hit up the free movie screening of The Princess Bride in the park.  I love that movie!




The night was clammy, the benches were really uncomfortable, and after that lasagna I might have made Wayne lactose intolerance.  Still, it was a great night!  Have I mentioned I love this movie?


No comments:

Post a Comment