This is a place for me to rant, to display what I'm working on, to show off my latest cooking achievements.
Pretty much my home away from facebook.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Patio Beautification

Lately Wayne and I have been trying to make the backyard a little nicer to look at while we drink our coffee and stare at the dog.  We've been working on this great idea of using all the cinder blocks that we found in the garden and making a kind of wall for plants and our knickknacks.  


I have to give Wayne all the credit for lugging those heavy ass blocks around.  I was in charge of planting all our new flowers.  I bet you're curious about the egg shells.  It's a pet project I'm trying.  I got the idea off Boing Boing and I figured I'd give it a shot.  So far, it hasn't been too successful but I also don't have a very green thumb either.


If you look very closely, you can see a few little sprouts.  This is my second go at using egg shells as planters.  My first try I planted marigolds because I thought those suckers were impossible to kill.  Guess again!  I forget what I planted this time, but maybe if we're lucky we might find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment